RC Heli Planet - A Fun & Friendly RC CommunityRC Heli Planet - Important bookmark and cookie info!rcheliplanet.com - WHY WE'VE CHANGED!

Quick Jump - Choose a Popular Section ->Just joined? Why not introduce yourself? Click Here!Electric RC Helicopters!Nitro RC Helicopters!Scale RC Helicopters!Gasser RC Helicopters!Downloads for RC Helicopters!Donate to RC Heli Planet!

Unbiased and enthusiastic supporters of RC Helicopters!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
01-September-2014, 02:26:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
We comprehensively support ALL RC heli models!
70973 Posts in 6678 Topics by 6209 Members
Latest Member: bigbird73
Click to shrink or expand the header! * Home Help Pages Login Register

WWW.RCHELIPLANET.COM  |  ELECTRONICS  |  LIPOS, BATTERIES & CHARGERS  |  Topic: Balance charging 7.4 volt 2s Lipo for Align regulator 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Balance charging 7.4 volt 2s Lipo for Align regulator  (Read 1335 times)
da vinci

mikethefly@hotmail.com
Email
« on: 30-December-2006, 23:43:10 PM »

I've soldered 2s hyperion balance connector wires to my two 7.4 volt  2S lipos.  With a two cell pack it's pretty easy soldering job; you only need to solder 3 wires to the two cell pack. This way I get the most out of these packs in terms of longevity and performance. IMHO I think these Lipos just like our 6S lipos should be balance charged especially if you consider that these 2S packs power our RXs. Just my 2 pennies worth. If anyone is interested I'll be happy to post some pics.

Ciao  Wink

DX7, TREX600 E & N , Mini Titan
Proud winner of Dec 06 Competition
crudd-bucket
whirlybird

t00lman@hotmail.com
WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: 31-December-2006, 01:29:08 AM »

I totally agree that they should be balanced charged, I just bought myself a thunder power 1350mAh pack with balance connector!! I would like to see some pics also! Smiley

- T-REX 600CF - GY611 + S9256 - FP4900 + TP5000 - Futaba S9252's - TP 1350mAh - TP1010C + 210 - 600mm V blades - 92mm tail blades - 600XL - Torque Tube -

- Raptor 90SE - GY601 - RevMax - Quick UK Auto Hub - OS 91 C Spec pumped - Flown by A Szabo! - 690mm V's -
simarRC
Forum Supporter

« Reply #2 on: 31-December-2006, 03:28:33 AM »

i ended up getting a couple of eflite 2s 7.4v 800mah packs, since I have the balance charger for them.  Hoping they will work out okay.

MAAC# 76893
www.rcheliplanet.com - winner May 2007 Grin
Have you entered yet?
RC HELI PLANET
Learning like everyone! SY
Administrator
Sr. Plus Member

WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: 31-December-2006, 05:11:50 AM »

Yeh Da Vinci...let's see some pics Smiley

And I agree...balance charge whenever possible.

NEVER LOOK DOWN ON SOMEONE UNLESS YOU'RE HELPING THEM UP!
da vinci

mikethefly@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #4 on: 31-December-2006, 11:08:32 AM »

Here's a pic. For the job I used a standard 30Watt soldering gun that I purchased at Radio Shack. First you want to tin the wires with a small amount of solder. Before tinning for better results dip the ends of the wires in soldering flux. Once all 3 wire ends are tinned one by one, you want to solder the red(+) lead to the + side of the batt( easy red wire of JST connector is attached to the + side of the batt. The 2nd/middle wire(Hyperion is black) is connected where the two cells are joined togher. 3rd and last lead - lead is soldered to the negative side of the lipo(again very easy: the black wire(negative) of JST connector takes you there. Once you've finished soldering protect you lipo with either shinking material or electrical tape. Add a few layers of tape on yr soldering job for better protection.   Cool

Cheers

* 2S 7.4V Lipo.JPG (226.97 KB, 1546x1030 - viewed 101 times.)

DX7, TREX600 E & N , Mini Titan
Proud winner of Dec 06 Competition
Pages: [1] Print 
WWW.RCHELIPLANET.COM  |  ELECTRONICS  |  LIPOS, BATTERIES & CHARGERS  |  Topic: Balance charging 7.4 volt 2s Lipo for Align regulator « previous next »
Jump to: